Monday, June 22, 2009

40 Days to Go!!

I can't believe how time flies! It seems like yesterday that we had 6 months to go until our wedding. And now it's right around the corner.

I'm happy to say that I'm not nervous......just incredibly excited. It's been a rough couple of weeks. Ben's house sold and what we though was going to be a 30 day escrow, turned into a 20 day. This caught us off guard and right at the end of the school year. We were scrambling to move Ben's 3 bedroom house (with a full garage) into my already full 2 bedroom condo. It didn't necessarily bring out the best in us, but we did learn a lesson in compromise.

Then my family was in town visiting for a week and Ben was still teaching summer school. We were having a hard time working out the logistics of having an incredibly full house and what we were going to be doing with 3 dogs (one of which is a little slow, if you know what I mean, and goes to the bathroom wherever he is unless he sees an open door). We survived the week, just barely.

Today was our first day off together, alone, except for the pups. We went down to the county clerks office and got our marriage license. Even though we aren't legally married until our ceremony on August 1st, it was still pretty exciting. Just 3 signatures and we're officially Mr. & Mrs. Gravenkamp!

2 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

So exciting... I am sure things are crazy with all that moving and settling in! Your wedding is RIGHT around the corner!! I can't believe it. I am so excited to see you in your dress, and the beautiful location! So much fun! :)

Brenner Family said...

Anna...probably surprised to see me pop up here. I just wanted to say Congratulations! You look so happy!