Saturday, September 26, 2009

Here we go!

Wedding pictures are finally in!! I'm so excited, although very anxious to see the video which will come a little later. Our photographers were wonderful! Most of the time, you had no idea they were there. I love all the candid shots from the wedding. We had an amazing time, and it was so much fun reliving the moments through the pictures.

Now I'll pick back up on the blogging for the day of the wedding!

Last I blogged, we were leaving the house (around noon) and heading to the hotel to finish getting ready.

When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in and saw some friends who were checking in at the same time, and our photographers! Us girls went up to the room, and we found out the boys were busy playing whiffle ball, and not getting ready at this point.
Sara started doing my hair, and it went super smooth. She took one time to pin everything in place, and it was perfect! Of my wedding day look, my favorite was my hair. It was slightly traditional with a funky edge to it! I had two hair pieces. One was a rhinestone comb that we paired with the veil for the ceremony. It was perfect! And Sara is amazing! Not only did she finish my hair, and her own, she also did our flower girl, Shea's, hair.Then we had lunch delivered by Sara's boyfriend, and Nicole's husband. *Ben was the lunch guy the day of Nicole's wedding, so these boys were returning the favor.

After a quick lunch, which I forced myself to eat, because of the butterflies in my stomach, we started the process of getting into the dress. The photographers stepped outside for a moment, while I slipped the dress on. Then the photos started as my mom began the slow process of lacing up the dress. Nicole helped my mom out, and had her hands up the back of my dressed straightening the lining, when she poked me right in the butt.......of course photographers were right there for it all!
Lauren helped my with my jewelry, Nicole with my shoes and garter. Like I blogged before, I had 2 pairs of shoes for the wedding. The first was a delicate white pair, for the ceremony. I was so happy they finally got my size in. Although beautiful, I was so thankful I had my other pair. But we'll come back to that!Krista did the honor of delivering my wedding gifts to Ben, while we were finishing up at the room. The first of my wedding gifts to Ben, was something I bought almost 2 months before we were even engaged. Ben is a huge New York Mets baseball fan. The month before the wedding we even made the trip out to see a game at the new stadium (Citi Field). Ben had been to a game in the old Shea stadium and was pretty bummed to see it torn down. So, I found cuff links that were made out of seats from Shea stadium. It gave the exact section and seat number. Now he will forever have a piece of Shea Stadium, and the team he loves so much!
My second gift was boudoir photos that I had taken back in June. I had an album made, and with the album, the place also gives you a greeting card, with one of your images on the front. I loved them. I'll blog about my fun experience with the photos a little later. So Ben opens the card (I heard this from him, and my sister), and thinks it's awesome. The pic on the front was just the cleavage of a girl in a Mets jersey, with an engagement ring that looked a whole lot like mine. Ben proceeded to show it to all his groomsmen, thinking it was so cool that I was able to find something like that. So then he starts to open the cover of the album, when Krista reminds him he might want to open it in private, and he sees a pic and realizes that that card was ME!! He immediately takes the card back from his groomsmen (who have now all seen a little bit more of me) and puts the album away to take a look at later!

**On a side note; When we were in NY, I made him leave a Mets store we were in, so I could buy something. So he thought it was that card, in actuality it was a #1 Husband Mets keychain.

At this point the boys are finishing getting ready, with the photographers and the girls and dad are heading down to the limo to be transported to The Rivermill. On our way to the limo, we stopped in the lobby to wait for Krista. The lobby was crowded with beep ball players from all over the world. They were in town for a huge annual Beep Ball tournament. (*Beep ball is baseball for the blind. The ball beeps so they know when the pitch is coming.)

Our limo driver came in and was telling us that the beep ball players from Taiwan were outside and fascinated with how big the car was. They'd never seen (or felt) a car that big before, and wondered who was riding in it. The limo driver told them it was for a wedding, and that the bride would be coming out soon.
Krista finally made it to the lobby and we started making our way out. As the lobby doors opened, the beep ball players had lined up on both sides of the door and were singing da-dun-da-da, da-dun-da-da. It was awesome! I couldn't help but laugh. They all crowded around for a picture before we jumped in the limo.Everything was super smooth and no stress......I just wish our videographer had been downstairs to capture the beep ball player serenade.

No comments: