Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner


Like I said in my last post, there was so much going on during wedding time, there would be no way to fit it all into one blog post! So I'll blog little by little about all the fun details of the wedding....which we are still talking about! It was an amazing day, with incredible people.

First off, I'll tell you a little bit about our great rehearsal dinner.

The day started off a little shaky with a misunderstanding about time frames. I had my freak out for the weekend, but got it out of my system before the Big Day. We headed out for The Rivermill by 1pm to be there for our 2pm rehearsal.

I was excited that everyone was on time and ready to go. Jerry, is the planner at the Rivermill and she took care of everything. I had given her all the information ahead of time, concerning who was standing where and walking with whom. It was great! I didn't have to do anything!

We ran through the order of the ceremony once and we were done. I was thankful we finished so quickly because........it gave us more time to practice our dance before we had to go to the dinner.

Ben and I had been taking dance lesson to learn a graceful waltz, which you may have read about in an earlier post, but what you didn't know was that I also choreographed the second half of our first dance to "Bust a Move" with our attendants, minister Mike, and our reader participating.

We gathered our attendants in the parking lot of The Rivermill and taught the boys their part (I'd already taught the girls the night before). We ran through the dance 5 or 6 times before we had to race to the dinner. Everyone seemed to be having fun, despite being nervous, although it could have all been to spare my feelings.

We had a fun dinner at Chevy's on the River with all our family and attendants. It was an excellent evening spent with our favorite people. It meant so much to us to have so many friends and family make long trips to be there for us!



































No comments: