Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wedding Reception Dinner

Our wedding was the most incredible day of our lives. I was super excited to arrive home from school today to see a package on our door step. It was our wedding video!! I've been dying to see it, so I grabbed a glass of wine, Ben a beer and sat down to watch the video. It's absolutely beautiful and made me cry!

I've blogged about most of our wedding day with the exception of the reception. Our wedding and reception were one of the most fun days I've ever had, not to mention the most fun wedding I've ever been to. I'm biased of course, but have had numerous people tell us what a great time they had.

We started right in on dinner after the cocktail hour. We designed the evening so that the salads would be served, and then the slideshow would play. Nicole spent hours upon hours on this slideshow. Everytime she had it finished, something would go wrong.....the computer would crash, refuse to burn it to DVD or some other crazy situation. Nicole remade that video 4 or 5 times, but it still turned out great.

So the slide show played during the salad course, and then we went right into dinner. The dinner was fantastic, although I wish I had been able to eat more. I was so excited, I had butterflies in my stomach. I had to force myself to eat, but everyone said the food was great. We chose 3
entrees to offer for dinner. The chicken, beef or tortellini. All three were super yummy!

The photographers stole us away during the middle of dinner because they said we would regret it, if we didn't head outside for a few more photos while the light was fantastic.

After dinner, we went directly into speeches. All the speeches were great, but my dad's was particularly hilarious. My mom insisted he figure out what he was going to say (especially if he was going to have a drink or two before). He wrote everything on note cards, and then somehow managed to mix them up before he spoke. His speech made so little sense, people were roaring with laughter. Funny thing is....I loved it!!

Ben made us cry with his heartfelt words, both to our parents and to me. You could tell in his speech how much he dearly loves me, even if he does make crazy sometimes!



No comments: