Friday, January 16, 2009

Why??

Why did I do this to myself? I tell myself every year, I'm not going to take on as much as I did the year before. Here I am, once again.....doing way more than I should even be thinking about.

My dance show takes over my life in the spring.....and although I am super organized it will always take a lot of time when you hire choreographers to teach your kids and then have to supervise all rehearsals and learn the material to practice with them once the choreographer leaves. I also design, and screen print all the show shirts. I design and have our programs printed at our r.o.p. print shop at school. On top of it all, I choreograph 3-4 dances for the show and organize it all to run smoothly.

Now.....I have agreed to choreograph the spring musical...which has become a much bigger job than we originally agreed on. I was only supposed to be choreographing 4 dance numbers. The cast list keeps changing (on a daily basis) and now I'm supposed to choreograph 4 additional dance numbers.

Then you throw a wedding into the mix, and I look insane to try and do it all. I am so grateful my parents are incredibly generous and we have a ceremony and reception site that is taking care of so much. BUT, I have decided to create and print our wedding invitations with help from our print shop at school. We still have bridesmaid dresses to shop for, tuxes to rent, and decisions to make about food, flowers, and cake. That doesn't seem so bad until you add in moving and trying to find new jobs.

Ben's house is on the market and has already had a number of people take a look. I've decided to keep my house and try to rent it out once we move. We are ready to make the move to Northern California to be closer to family, so that we can start one of our own very soon.

We just need to find jobs! We really do have a good set-up at our school....but we're both ready for a change. We're hoping for a miracle when it comes to getting jobs....and we'll take whatever we can find...but I can't imagine not being at the same school as Ben. We have literally spent the last 2 1/2 year together, every day, all day. I'm usually stuck in my cave (my dance room has no window), but I know that Ben is just outside that door (teaching P.E. of course). Whenever I need something.....he's there.

We're planners, and expect things to be difficult......but we're hoping for the best.

No comments: