Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's About Time!

I finally have my wedding dress! It is beautiful and I love it.....but it took forever to find. I started looking for my dress 2 weeks after I got engaged, and here we are 5 months later and I've made my decision.

I started with your typical bridal salons...David's Bridal, Alfred Angleo, Brides by Demetrios....and found dresses I really liked at all of them. But, I decided it would be a great idea to rent a designer dress. I went to an upscale bridal salon and found a dress that I loved! My family loved it....and I knew I had to rent it. I had gotten a recommendation for a rental place, but after researching them, found horror stories of girls not getting their dresses in time for their wedding.

Needless to say, I was freaked out and thought it would be best to avoid the drama....unfortunately I found a dress I wanted that was out of my price range. The bridal salon called me a few weeks later and I explained the situation. They said they just got the new collection in and had some similar dresses that might be more in my price range. After trying on 5 new dresses....I found an amazing dress. Too bad the sales girl snuck in the dress that was $100 MORE than the original one I wanted. I was distraught and decided to wait until I went home for the Holidays to make a decision.

In the end, I found a dress that will be great! It's great for my body type, and it was half the price of the dress I found in San Diego. I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day.

Everyone says when you find "The Dress" you know. I can't say that was true. It took me a little time to warm up to "The Dress". I'm excited! I've found it....and I am so happy my search is over!


Here are the catalog pics of my dress before design alterations.

No comments: